When it comes to wedding venues, they are divided into two that is the open venues and closed venues and these come in form of halls, gardens and hotels. All these work properly but you should be able to prepare for anything that might come in along the way.
Wedding venues play a big role when it comes to weddings because they can ultimately disappoint or make your guests happy. An extremely confining venue will leave your guests in a foul mood whereas a more open venue might make them happy due to the space that each one has of themselves. And that is why you need to think deeply about what your venue before making a down payment.
This article is meant for those who are in the process of planning their weddings and those that want to be ready for when their time comes so that they don’t fret.
There are different wedding venues that we can use for our weddings and we should note that they all have advantages and disadvantages to using them and that is what we are going to discuss today the different cons and pros of using the different wedding venues.
Hotels as wedding reception venues
There are a lot of hotels in Uganda where one can hold their reception and have fun but these charge different prices depending on the services they offer and their location. Hotels have their cons and pros and I have listed down what you are bound to experience when using hotels as reception venues.
The advantages of using hotels as wedding venues
- Hotels are better when it comes to vetting out the uninvited guests to your wedding.
- They are already beautified and you will need less decoration for the venue when it comes to your wedding. There will be good lighting and the hall will be easy to decorate hence reducing on your costs.
- Hotels have well trained staff that will help in keeping your guests refreshed and the function will run smoothly. Most of the staff is experienced with handling large crowds and that is why they will be patient with your guests.
- Hotels come with security for you and your guests.
- Hotels are known to have one of the best catering service. This will lessen you worry about the food that is to be served at your wedding since there is no hotel that does not serve food. All hotels have buffets and the only thing that you need to do is to is to order for what you want with all kinds of beverages.
- Hotels have good facilities that will make you and your guests feel relaxed and enjoy your day with less worries. The different facilities include parking space, the toilets and the rooms where the entourage will change from. The hotels also provide rooms for resting especially those who have travelled long distances to come for your wedding.
The disadvantages of using hotels as wedding venues
- Hotels are known to be expensive and you should be able to part with a large chunk of money for your reception.
- Hotels also limit the number of people that can be present for your wedding. So for those who have a lot of people to invite will have to cut down on the number of people to send out invitations to.
- There is less flexibility in a hotel in that sometimes it is hard to for the hotel management to change some of their rules so that they facilitate your function like the way the tables are set.
- Hotels always limit the type of food that is to be served to the guests. This is because they have a specific type of food and it might not be easy to add the specifications you want when it comes to food and drinks.
Gardens as wedding reception venues
Gardens are commonly used especially when it comes to wedding receptions and this is because they can house any number of people that you invite and the guests get to experience the freedom in gardens.
Advantages of using gardens as wedding revenues
- Gardens are good places when it comes to taking photos for the wedding. The different backgrounds surrounding the gardens and the good lighting bring out good wedding photographs.
- When you use gardens, you are free to bring in every service provider that you want since most of them do not have all those limitations when it comes to service providers because most gardens do not offer all these services like hotels.
- With gardens one gets to experience fresh air and peace instead of a hall where they might feel staffed. Gardens provide enough room for people to have their peace, space and this will ensure their enjoyment on your reception.
Disadvantages of using gardens as wedding venues
- You cannot predict the weather in Uganda and this is why when you book gardens as your reception venue, put it into mind that the weather can change from a sunny one to a heavy down pour and you should be prepared for it.
- Gardens are expensive in a way that you have to pay for the venue, cater for other service providers like tents, chairs, food and this might the price of the venue which is not the case of hotels where everything is catered for with the fee paid. And in case of any damages caused to the gardens you are supposed to pay for them.
- Gardens are very easy to access even for those who have not been invited for the wedding and this is how you will find yourself feeding extra people who were not accounted for and the food not being enough.
- Even if gardens provide security for the guests you are not assured since it is an easy [place to access especially by the people living around the gardens and some of these intruders might be thieves so your guests might end up losing their property on your wedding.
Halls as wedding reception venues
Halls might have the same advantages as hotels but we should note that they are not the same. Most halls that are used are church halls, school halls or company halls. And just like any other venue used for wedding receptions, halls have their advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of using halls as wedding reception venues
- Halls are easy to decorate since they are enclosed and you will need less money to do it.
- You are allowed to bring in all the service providers that you want since they are open to the idea and do not offer all services needed on a wedding.
- Halls ensure that you have all the security that you need since it is enclosed and you can easily ward off the intruders and unwanted guests.
- Halls give you all the freedom to do whatever you want with it as long as you are not causing damage from the sitting arrangement to table, food and décor arrangement unlike hotels that always have a strict way of arranging their rooms.
Disadvantages of using halls as wedding reception venues
- These limit the number of people that will be invited to your wedding.
- You will need to hire other service providers since halls do not offer all the services and this will lead to pay extra money in order to get all the other services for your wedding.
Beaches as wedding reception venues
These are mostly used by people who are diverse in their thinking and want to try out something new when it comes to holding receptions.
Advantages of using beaches as wedding reception venues
- They accommodate a large number of people therefore you do not need to have to worry about who will be left out when sending invitations.
- They are spacious and the cool breeze is good for your guests who get to move around freely.
- Beaches offer a perfect place for you to take your wedding photographs saving you money that would have been spent on other photography venues.
Disadvantages of using beaches as wedding reception venues
- They tend to become cold during the evenings and this might force some of the visitors to leave due to the cold.
- When it is the rainy season, it is difficult to walk around the beach for you and your guests.
- During night hours, beaches tend to have various night insects which might cause a disturbance to the guests.
All wedding venues can be used it just depends on want you want exactly and if you discuss with your partner, it will be quite easy to come up with the best place where you can hold your wedding. The above advantages and disadvantages might work for you or you might experience a smooth road when it comes to your venue. So there is no need to worry about your big day just sit back and allow your chosen committee to deal with the reception venue including other service providers.